mem property management recently joined the Better Business Bureau (BBB) as an Accredited Business, achieving an A+ rating for its proven record of trustworthiness, ethics and commitment to outstanding client service.
“We are proud to be designated as a top-rated BBB Accredited Business,” says Martin Laderman, founder and CEO of mem property management. “In today’s world it is imperative that board members and residents know how seriously we take our commitment to excellence in property management. Taking the steps to achieve BBB accreditation exemplifies our dedication to that goal and we’re pleased to be recognized for our fairness, honesty and integrity. For mem property management, BBB accreditation is a sign of trust and quality.”
To become a BBB Accredited Business, a company must adhere to the BBB Code of Business Practices, which represents sound advertising, selling and customer service practices that enhance customer trust and confidence in business. The Code is built on the BBB Standards for Trust, including principles such as:
- establishing and maintaining a positive track record in the marketplace
- honestly adhering to established standards of advertising and selling
- honestly representing products and services
- openly disclosing all policies and procedures that influence a customer’s decision to buy
- abiding by all written agreements and verbal representations
- addressing disputes quickly, professionally and in good faith
- embodying integrity in all business dealings
“As we celebrate our 25th anniversary, recent Better Business Bureau accreditation and our mem property management rating, we will stay focused on what we do best, elevating the lifestyle of residents and homeowners and delivering unsurpassed property management services in New Jersey,” says Laderman.